Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Blue Awash With Flowers

Here is a card I made for a VC Rocks challenge.  It was to used black and white and one spot of color.  I had been itching to use this set for something!  I knew right where the color would go.  I originally thought of using Real Red with the black and white.  Then I thought how that combination gets used all the time and I wanted something different.  I had Tempting Turquoise sitting on my desk from something else-so that's what I used.  The verse is from the hostess set Precious Butterflies (contact me to learn how to earn it).  Next, three black brads were used for another focal point.

After coming up with this card, I needed some cards for a swap I was participating in with fellow demonstrators.  I discovered I didn't have enough brads for 10 cards.  That's ok, any "mistake" is a chance for an alteration or another layer.  So I decided to make a black butterfly using the Big Shot.

It just goes to show it doesn't take owning "everything" in the catalog to make beautiful cards or scrapbook pages! Shhhh I won't tell your husband if you won't tell mine and we can still order all the toys we want!

Until next time,

No comments: