Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Color Challenge BSU041818

Hi Stampers!

This week is another color challenge for Broke Stampers Unite.

It was a challenge for me this week.  We had to use Blushing Bride, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, and Whisper White.  Usually, I think of flowers when they are colors I wouldn't put together because flowers come in all color combinations.  I believe it was Carol who said they were desert colors. Lightbulb moment.

I instantly thought I would do a sunset.  I could use the palm trees in the Waterfront set.  Being in the mountains, I see lots of pine trees so I was drawn to that set.  I really didn't know when I'd ever use the palm trees.

I have a question for you all.  Do you ever have an idea in your head and it doesn't work the way you want it to?  I had originally wanted to sponge blue water with a warm sunset. That didn't work they way I wanted so I decided to shrink my white card stock down. I only used stamps and not sponges. 

I used the Swirly Scribbles thinlits for the waves on the front of the card for a layer of water.

Let's see what Carol and Terri created this week.  Carol's blog is here.  Terri's blog is here.  Join on Facebook.  We would love to have you share your creations with us.

Until next time,


No comments: