Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dear Santa

Well, it's getting closer to Christmas and my to do list is a mile long.  However, I can say I have accomplished two things already.  December Stamp Club and Human Biology.

I know, I know you all will be glad not to hear any more whining about bio class.  I managed to pull of an A.  Not bad for the girl who took Mr. Davis' high school AP class.  Mr. Davis promised anyone who tried hard wouldn't fail.  Well, guess what?  I was the one who failed despite help from her close friend who won awards for getting above and beyond an A+.  Oh well, 25 years later there must have finally been a connection.

Stamp Club was "awesome" according to the ladies.  Now I am scared.  Some projects I spend planning months in advance.  Others I know it is something I think is cool and I want to share, and sometimes I just wing it and fly by the seat of my pants.  This month was more of I wanted to share something I thought was cool and flying by the seat of my pants.

So here is our scrapbook page.  I saw an awesome card made by Jackie Topa here.  Jackie's work is amazing.  But at the last minute I didn't think I had time for everyone to punch a ton of little squares for the the fire place. So Big shot to the rescue.

I just love the Dear Santa stamp.  Of course with my friends and family, I think there should be an "I can explain" stamp to go with it.  We also used my new favorite: The Stocking Builder Punch with green and glitter red paper.  The fire is the wing of the Bird Builder Punch and the square punch is the opening of the fire place.  We aged the background paper to give it that smudged fire soot feel to it.  Of course we will have to put the fire out before Santa can come down the chimney!

Well, off to work some more on the "to do" list that seems never ending before the holidays.

Until next time,

No comments: