Monday, September 19, 2011

Spooky Spiders Are In My House

Ok, Ok, so they're not all that spooky.  They're sort of cute actually.  This is a close up of one of the spiders.  It's a Halloween card with a little bling. 

The spider eyes are rhinestones that have been colored with a permanent green maker.  Isn't that a cool little trick.  Now I can have any colored rhinestone I want.  (I have an entire bucket full of permanent markers-wide tip, skinny tip-you get the idea.)

The other part of the bling on this card is actually sprayed onto the card base.  I took some all purpose shimmer paint and mixed it with rubbing alcohol in a small travel spray bottle.  My measurements were very scientific.  I poured some alcohol into the small bottle.  Next, I took the "stem" of the sprayer and dipped it into the shimmer paint.  Stuck it into the alcohol and repeated the process a second time.  I think the scientific term I used at my stamp club was "blop".

I had bought the Frightful Sight DSP and I used it on the inside of the card.  I just love the little creepy spiders crawling all over the place.  I stamped Goblin Greetings on Whisper White cardstock and punched it with the Decorative Label punch. 

This was a fun, quick card the ladies enjoyed making at stamp club.

On a side note.  I will probably be posting only once a week for awhile.  I seem to have bitten off more than I can chew.  I am taking two classes for my job, teaching regular school during the day, adult ed once a week (Christmas cards-Yippee my favorite!)  Needless to say, my time to be at home and sit in-front of my computer is very limited.  So for a while the blog will have to come near the end of my to do list.  Should anyone ever tell you to take Human Biology online because "it's easy" is a liar! Hahaha.  Oh well, I might as well get the hard classes over with first. Right??

Until next time,

No comments: