Friday, July 15, 2011

Uncle Sam

Here is a simple scrapbook page.  I had made it for the Fourth of July.  I figured I would put photos from the fireworks.  Well, one place canceled the fireworks due to fog and we didn't make it to the other spot.  The joys of being some what coastal.  Oh well.

This was so simple it only used 3 punches and scrap paper.  The bird punch was used for almost everything. The bird body is the mustache. The wing made the eye brows and nose.  The eyes were punched from 1/4" punch and a small star was punched from Real Red glitter paper.  I love this paper from Stampin Up!  The glitter does not fall off.

I was inspired by this page I saw last year.  I have made this little man face into a Santa face as well.  My friend Gail had an idea of stamping clock pieces near him and changing the hat, it could be a Father Time.  Hmmm, that's something to think about.  Of course, I don't know what to do with this page exactly.  I guess I will keep it blank to see if my son decides to go into the service or not.


Later this week I will be getting ready for the Bay Festival.  I am hoping lots of  people will stop by on July 30th.

Until next time,

No comments: