Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sail Away Into The Summer Mini Catalog!

Can you believe the Summer Mini Catalog is HALF over??? Neither can I!  Here is a favorite stamp set of mine.  Living on the coast of Maine, this stamp set is perfect for anyone!  It is called Sail Away.  At times, I would love to sail away into the sunset.

On this card I used the Naturals Ivory for the main part of the card. I stamped the image on Crumb Cake and layered it on Real Red.  I also stamped the sail on Whisper White, the boat on Real Red (sorry my maritime friends I know it has a special name, but I can't remember it for the life of me) and cut them out and raised them with dimensionals. It is all tied nicely with Not Quite Navy 1 1/4" ribbon.  Three silver brads were added to the side.

On the inside of the card I stamped the verse from Word Play.  Also, I stamped the Earth a second time on scrap cardstock, colored it with a Bashful Blue marker, and used a small circle punch. Then raised it with dimensionals. 

I love this set so much, all the men in my family have received this card for either for Father's Day, birthdays, get well, etc.  I am thinking of switching up some colors for the female sailors in my life.

So get this cute stamp before August 31 or it will be too late!

Until next time,

No comments: