Friday, August 27, 2010

Cupcakes or Candles

Never leave candles burning unattended*
Have you ever seen something and said "I HAVE TO HAVE THAT!"  Well that's what I said when I saw this.  And it is becoming more and more common with the Big Shot and all the SU dies.  I see the cutest things made and then I have to have it. 

So, the metal part of the candle holder is cut with the Perfect Setting die. I bought a large roll of aluminum that is copper coated.  I used the cupcake holder part of the die and once the holders were cut; I embossed them with a Sizzix folder I got at the craft store. (I don't remember the name of it.  (I need to start writing the name on them before I throw the packaging away.) Once embossed, I used some extra fine sandpaper and sanded off the copper coating.  I warn you, this can get a little messy, so you may want a damp paper towel near you to clean as you go.

The glass votive was from Dollar Tree. One of my all time favorite stores for craft projects.

I plan on selling these at our school craft fair as well.  You will be seeing many projects soon of what I am doing.  Hopefully, people will like my creations as much as I do.   For this photo I have one of those battery operated tea lights. I think they are just great for when kids are around.

No comments: