Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Even Impressed My Son

Here is a photo of one of the candle holders I made my son for his new apartment with he moved into this weekend.  I used two Arizona Ice Tea cans-the flavor my son drinks all the time.  I used the Big Shot and the Flower Folds die.  Embossed it with a embossing folder and held everything together with a jumbo eyelet.

I curved the petals around the tea light and a pencil to give them a little dimension. I would strongly recommend using gardening gloves or some type of gloves to protect your hands during this project.  The edges of a cut can are very sharp.  They aren't nearly as sharp after cutting it with the Big Shot but I would still be careful, it is metal after all.

When I gave them to my son, he said "Mom, these are the coolest things ever.  Seriously, I'm impressed!"  What could melt a moms heart more than that?

Happy Stampin'

No comments: