Sunday, August 5, 2018

New Catalog Broke Stampers Unite Challenge 08/0118

Hello Stampers!
The girls and I from Broke Stampers Unite took part of the summer off.  We are starting back up this month.

This weeks theme is the new catalog.  I actually used sets that were from the Occasions catalog that were carried over.  I used many of the new colors though.  The color revamp is so nice and the new pads are extremely nice as well.
Did you notice my coffee cup?  I needed a little inspiration/motivation this week after not stamping for so long. The coffee in the mug may or may not have been my first cup of the day. 😋

I used Soft Suede, Balmy Blue, Coastal Cabana, and Shaded Spruce ink pads.  With Soft Suede, Shaded Spruce, Basic Black, and Coastal Cabana card stock. The woodland embossing folder was used on the Shaded Spruce layer.  Basic Black bakers twine as an accent.  The stamp sets I used were Waterfront and Eastern Medallions. 

Lets see what Terri and Carol are up to this week.  That's pretty much everything that has to do with stamping this week.  If you'd like to hear what it took to get this blog post up; keep reading.  If not, that's ok too.

You wouldn't believe what has happened to me to get this blog post up several days late.  First I went to use my laptop.  A, S, D and the caps lock button didn't work.  Hmmmm I may need those letters for stampinstace.... Did I mention I have a week long computer training that we are supposed to bring our laptops??  Yeah, so there was no stress there at all.  NOT!!

My dear coworker got me into school on a weekend. Note to self get a door key not just a classroom key.*  I got into my classroom, grabbed my school laptop which is even older than my personal laptop. I brought that home, charged it and what happened.  THE SPINNING BEACHBALL OF DEATH!  Please don't tell me I just had to restart it, 'cuz umm no that didn't work either.

Panic set in.  I destroyed my daughters room looking for an old laptop that she used when she was very little.  It hasn't worked for awhile; but I thought maybe Windows needed to be reinstalled.  That only worked a little and kept shutting itself off.  

I even went to Walmart to see if they had a cheap chromebook or something I could use for class.  Well, if I need a new laptop, I wanted one I really liked.  Not sure Walmart was for me. 


My BFF said to just come get her laptop for my class, that she could use her school one if need.  Her wireless mouse only worked so-so.  I told her not to worry, I could just plug in my wireless mouse.

Light bulb (after an entire afternoon of total panic that I am not going to be prepared for my COMPUTER CLASS).  Gee my wireless mouse was purchased with a wireless keyboard.  REALLY??  REALLY???  Guess what?  I could hook my keyboard to my laptop!  I had a tempory fix in my house the entire time!!  Grrrr and a sigh of relief.

Unitl next time.  Happy Stamping!

Stace

No comments: