Thursday, January 24, 2013

Boxbag & Tag

I know it is after Christmas but I wanted to show you what I made with one of the scrapbooking kits.  I actually learned to make these a few years ago for an Easter project. They can work for almost any holiday, depending upon the colors.

An adorable little boxbag.  A silly name but it starts with the base of a box.  The base is 4 1/2"x 4 1/2" square of card stock, scored 1" all the way around to make the box base.  The designer series paper is 5 1/2" x 11".  I used the decorative label punch for the handle, folded in half.  Any symmetrical punch would do.  To reinforce the base of the container I used a border sticker.  If you were not using a scrapbooking kit, you could cut a piece of cardstock 1"-1 1/2" x 11", or you could use the Tasteful Trims Bigz die.

Did you notice that cute little Santa tag.  I found it on Pinterest and here is the link to the directions.  I didn't follow it exactly but enough so you can tell it is Santa.  I think he could be made into a Leprechaun if his hat was green.

I hope this inspires you to make your own gift packaging.

Until next time,




No comments: