Friday, March 9, 2012

Don't Lose Your Place

Are you like me?  I go to bed to read and it doesn't take long before the book is resting on my chest or the floor.  Or if I manage to stay awake, my bookmark falls out.  Well, I have been wanting to make one of these bookmarks for a long time.  I finally got around to it with the new Blossom punch from the Occasions Mini catalog.

Ok, so I made several. And can you tell what series has been my favorite lately?  (I can't wait for the movie Hunger Games to come-I just hope they stay true to the story)  This is a fun project to make, even though there isn't a bit of stamping on it.  I used the large scallop circle punch for the base, the blossom punch for the main flower and the middle is a circle punch that was put through the big shot with the vintage wallpaper embossing folder.  I used my FREE buttons I got from the saleabration catalog. (Don't forget the saleabration catalog ends March 31, 2012)  The ribbon loops around to hold the pages tight. Now I won't lose my place.


Here is a close up of the pink flower.  It shows the center fairly well in this photo.  I think the pattern almost looks like stamen of a flower, don't you?  I know my mother is laughing hysterically since I have the dark brown thumb of the family and I can only grow weeds!  However, I have seen living flowers (just not in my yard LOL)


Until next time,

No comments: