Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving, Black Friday & Stamping!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Wednesday we had a snowstorm which made traveling so much fun.  Can you hear the sarcasm?  But we did make it to my mother in laws house fine since I have all wheel drive.  And like most houses my mother in law and family made WAY too much food.  We had desserts galore. A wonderful recipe that was made using a gluten free cake mix was a recipe from Paula Dean on Foodnetwork that can be found here. If you like pumpkin pie, you will LOVE THIS!

My poor mother in law had to be at work at 4:00 am for Black Friday. I felt so bad for all those retail employees.  Late Friday afternoon I did go to small dollar stores and that was it.  I knew they wouldn't be busy and I wanted to get extra goodies for the child I chose on the giving tree. I really hope the child like the goodies I bought.

Here are some stamping goodies I made that I will be making more of. I love that Stampin Up came out with all the Christmas stocking products.  My favorite things to make are Christmas cards and I have TONS of snowflakes.  I have so many that I have even been telling myself I have so many I can't possibly use them all in one holiday season. Don't tell my husband I said that! But thanks to Stampin Up I have an entire new obsession- Christmas stockings!  Here is a tag we made in club.  I am going to make a bunch more of these to put on plain paper gift bags.

Close up of tag.
The medallion was made using the Scoring tool.  My favorite tool next to the Big Shot.  Of course the Holiday Stocking was cut out with my Big Shot as well as the ornament from the Stocking Accents die.  The bling is the Dazzling Details glitter glue.  And the Cherry Cobbler ribbon from the mini catalog too. I hope all these items make it into the Big Idea & Catalog next year.  I just love them all.  The faux stitching is made with the white gel pen.

Until next time,

No comments: