Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Trishutter Card & Free Designer Series Paper From Stampin Up!

Here is a Trishutter card I made a while back and set aside.  I was cleaning and realized I hadn't taken a photo of it-let alone post anything about it.  Most trishutter cards start with a 12"x12" sheet of cardstock-which I very rarely have.  Someone online had dimensions for using 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock.  Can I find that person's website to give them credit now?   Ummm NO!  So let me know who I owe credit too if you find out.

I will share the measurements with you.  Cut a regular sheet of cardstock 5 1/2" x 10 1/2".  Stampin Up's new tool that will become available Sept 1, 2011 called Simply Scored Scoring Tool will make this project SO easy, it isn't funny!!!  (I can't wait for my customers to see this product! Can you tell I'm excited?)

scoring and cutting measurements
Holding the cardstock so the 10 1/2" side is horizontal, score at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", 7", and 8 3/4".  Next you need your cutting tool.  Now with the 5 1/2" side horizontal, cut between the two outside scoremarks at 1 1/2" and 4".  Clear as mud right?  Here is a photo for you. Click on it to englarge it.

Here it opened.  I used Paisley Petals DSP which is you can get free from Stampin Up!  Check it out here.  I stamped the verse from Word Play on Tangerine Tango cardstock with black Stazon.  I also stamped the the flower image from Four Frames on Whisper White cardstock, and colored it in with markers. The "thinking of you" is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  All of that was punched out with the decorative label punch.

And for those of you who have never seen a trishutter card-here is what the top view looks like.  A little scoring and a little cutting and you have a totally "Wow, how did you do that?" card.

Until next time,

No comments: