Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday, Monday...

Anyone remember that song?  My oh my, where has this past week gone?  I can't believe I have already started school shopping for the youngest child.  Told the middle child it would be ok even if he couldn't go into the Air Force due to asthma. Wished the oldest child Happy 21st Birthday (how the heck did that happen??)  On the same day my oldest turned 21, it was my high school class reunion. 

In between the Bucksport Bay Festival and this week, there still has been visiting family and having birthday parties.  Which brings me to this posting finally.  What do you get a six year old who is having a birthday and is going to a new school this year?  "A kid's debit card" of course.  I always thought they were called "gift cards" until my six year old enlightened me.  How could I have been so foolish not to know such things?

The one thing I do know is a "kids debit card" needs a cute package and it needs to be fast.  Fast=Big Shot.  I cut two pieces of cardstock that I had from some place that was glittery and special for a birthday.  I used the scallop square die.  I made a little pocket with the two squares and used a glitter brad for a hinge.  Used some blue ribbon for a knot.  I used a verse from the new hostess set Happiest Birthday Wishes.

Here is the "present" opened. Now the lucky birthday boy can go shopping and use his new debit card!

Until next time,

No comments: