Sunday, September 27, 2009

Autumn Leaves

Again this photo was taken in my dining room which must have terrible lighting...the colors in person are so pretty. The leaf is stamped on velum in several colors at once. The colors were put on the stamp with sponge daubers, a breath of life was put on it (cant call it huffing any more since that is something done with drugs now) and stamped onto the velum. Velum was then placed on white paper and layered from there.

This year our trees are just turning brown; only a few have bright colors. A summer loaded with rain and cold temps then a quick heat flash in August really damaged the leaves this year. Now that it is "leaf peeping" season there isnt anything pretty to "peep." I need to clean my disaster that I call a craft room and stamp some pretty leaves I guess....

Happy Stamping

No comments: